Friday, May 20, 2016

May 20th - Last Day in Vietnam

Today was our last day in Vietnam, it was very sad to go but I will be happy when I am home. I will miss all of the Vietnamese students that welcomed us with open arms. Today we played games with the students in the morning and then in the evening we went to a rooftop restaurant for our final meal.

In the morning we played soccer, tug of war, and had a sack race. We won at girls soccer, tug of war, and the sack race. I almost fell on my face during the sack race and I felt bad about tug of war because we are much larger than many of the Vietnamese students. I think we also got way to competitive and we were being very loud. The Vietnamese are definitely not as intense about competitive sports as us Americans. After playing games we exchanged gifts and said goodbye to some of the students who were not coming to dinner. It was the beginning of the end for our time in Vietnam.

During the day we had our final presentations about our company visits and went back to the hotel to pack up. Throughout this entire day I still couldn’t believe that today was our last day. The trip went by very fast and I never thought it would end.

For dinner we went to a delicious restaurant that was on a rooftop of a hotel. We got a great view of the city and wore our traditional Vietnamese dresses also known as ao dais. There was a mix of traditional Vietnamese food, Japanese food, and western food at the restaurant. Our hosts have done a great job of giving us a variety of foods to eat and allowing us to have many choices.


It was sad saying goodbye to all of our Vietnamese friends, but I will be happy when I get back to the U.S. It was definitely an unforgettable experience and hopefully I will be able to travel back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment